I'm so glad you're here!
Let me tell you a little bit about myself...
I live in the UK in a small farming village - right at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, near the town of Harrogate. I think it just might be the place I dreamed of as a little girl - its beautiful...
As well as being a licensed artist (for info on this go to my FAQ page) and mentoring, I am a wife to Robert and a Mum to Brandon, Joseph and Benjamin. Yes, three boys - no wonder I like pink so much [wink].
My artwork stems from a place of faith, joy and a sense of wonder - it's an integral part of who I am, my identity. I love vibrant colour, texture and nature in its many forms. Many of my pieces also include heart-felt words of comfort and inspiration for you and me. I also love to paint female portraits (in many different styles) as it helps me to access my inner life and the various seasons of life.
I enjoy working with women who wish to embrace their passion - either on a personal, spiritual or business level. So, please get in touch and from there, we could discuss ideas (practical and soulful) for cultivating a creative practice that's right for you.
My second ecourse is self-paced and entitled 'Delight - an art ecourse'.
If you would like to connect further, please visit my facebook page, twitter, pinterest and instagram. You can also subscribe to my blog via Bloglovin - bringing all your subscriptions to blogs in one place. Or, subscribe to my blog posts and monthly'ish Newsletter - receive updates via your email inbox.
So, I hope you've enjoyed looking around and it's been lovely having you here...
Miscellaneous bits of info about who i am...
- I love sugar ring doughnuts (mind, who doesn't? ;)).
- I'm always getting well-known phrases muddled up (much to my family's amusement)!
- All things 'pastry' are my weakness. I especially like a traditional beef & ale pie!
- We have a dog named Mia and a cat named Daisy. They hate each other, pretty much.
- I enjoy my own company but equally like to have family and friends around me.
- I love being outdoors on my walks with Mia - it's my time for reflection.
- Books, books, books - love them! I always have a pile by the bedside - lots of other places too!
- I love history, medical and science programmes, most cookery programmes together with 'The Sewing Bee' and 'Bake Off'.
- A camera (mostly iPhone) is always with me, otherwise I hyperventilate!
- A mug of tea is always with me, otherwise I hyperventilate! (Water too, when I'm being diligent!)
- Adore singing and dancing in the kitchen as well as the car and shower.
- Happy when I'm cooking but also when I have dinner out - yum!
- Enjoy 'deep' chats with friends and hubby.
- Cuddles on the sofa with my boys.
- Like: the sound of waves, birds singing and hearing the boys chatting together (without them knowing).
- Married for 14 years this summer (2016).
- Our honeymoon was in Bali - special memories, always.
- Have a few close friends and value friendship greatly. One of my longstanding friends is from school. We've been friends for 33 years (and we can still chat for a few hours solid, no probs after not seeing each other for 6 months or so - she lives abroad).
- I used to be a Beauty Therapist with international professional qualifications. My skills included reflexology, aromatherapy, Eastern head massage, Reiki, professional make up, electrolysis and all the beauty treatments you would expect.
- I lived in the USA for seven years and first was a nanny (to two boys) and then worked in a very large law firm in the suburbs of Philadelphia near Lancaster County, where the wonderful Amish based film, 'Witness' with Harrison Ford and Kelly McGinnis was filmed.
- Studied foundation level psychology and counselling skills.
- Secret dream: to be a singer (that's the exhibitionist side of me!)
- My first-born son, Brandon was born on Christmas Day in the States!
- Favourite films 'Bridges of Madison County' and 'Out of Africa' - both feature Meryl Streep. I was 17 years old when I first saw 'Out of Africa' and it has resonated with me ever since.
- Our youngest son was born in a water pool in the hospital - fab experience (minus the pain of course).
- I'm a Christian - we're a Christian family and here is my unfolding faith story.